Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Most Important Com. Tech to Study

I honestly feel that we should study the internet. Lets face it, it's all about convenience and the speed of gathering your information. If I wanted to know the square mileage of the state of Texas, I wouldn't need a textbook to figure that out. Since the year 2000, it has been documented that 248,241,969 people have accessed the internet(http://www.internetworldstats.com/stats.htm). Whether thats on a daily basis, I'm unsure.
What I'm wondering is what these people are doing. Are they downloading videos, or checking there bank account, or something else, but we won't go there. The internet is the new wave of communication, and it has been for the last ten years, maybe even longer. What causes students to log onto the internet instead of picking up there textbook? That is something that we would only know if we were able to study it more in depth.
Internet on cell phones is another thing that I wouldn't mind looking into. There is an estimated 2 billion cell phones world wide (http://www.accuconference.com/blog/PermaLink,guid,8df55cb7-dd64-4349-b56a-ba938cd6f231.aspx).
I personally don't have internet on my cell phone, but a lot of my friends are able to check their facebook right from their cell phone.
I think studying the internet would be beneficial. Even though it is a very broad topic, I would find it interesting, and it would answer my questions about society.


No comments: