Sunday, August 26, 2007

Television is neat

I think that I have probably heard a lot of this stuff before, but maybe not quite as in depth as this article. I found this very interesting, how it talked about the creation of television being almost accidental, but then as I read on I don't see how it was accidental at all. This really talked about how technology had been leading up (on purpose or not) since the 1700's. People had been experimenting with different techniques, using multiple shot cameras and transmitting images for a while. The inventions of the cathode ray tube and the cathode ray receiver are what really made tv take off, in my mind. I believe that tv will always be a big part of communication, as will radio. Although technology changes with time, and evolves into things like virtual reality, television will always act as a social was for everyday people to receive information and be entertained. While something like virtual reality might be the next popular thing, not everyone will be able to afford it, keeping television a cheap means of getting information.

No comments: