Thursday, August 23, 2007

With the boom of computer sales and internet availability the last decade I think it is very hard not to study the internet in this class. Yes is it a slightly obvious choice as it was the subject of our first assigned reading. But so many people use the internet now for their news, entertainment, and communication. I know that I personally rarely watch TV anymore (except for baseball). Why would I sit through tons of pointless advertisements and crappy programming when I can choose exactly what I watch when i want to watch it? Which for me brings up two interesting questions. To what extent will programming continue to be offered online? If I missed an episode of Heroes last season I could simply watch it online. It seems that it would be easy to track how many people watch it and there were still commercials when I watched it. And also, with websites like TV Links, how long will the internet be an open source for all forms of media?

No comments: