Tuesday, September 2, 2008

After I read the first three articles, I started thinking about these communication technologies, and which one was the most important. I think that is probably a matter of opinion, but I became more interested in which one brought about the most change in peoples life. I believe that clearly it is the telegraph. Separating communication and travel had to be such a change. Being able to know just stuff, like what your family is up to instead of only very important events like who won the presidential election from across the country. Not only the convenient stuff but also the important stuff it did, like the time zones, and improved communication for travel had to make the telegraph very revolutionary for its time.

Not to take anything away from radio and television, which also brought about a lot of change, but they seem more like improvements upon the telegraph then something completely new like the telegraph.

No comments: