Monday, September 15, 2008

Coinicidence…I Think Not!

After reading the first 111 pages of Snow Crash and becoming addicted to the random swear words throughout it I feel the need to look the lyrics to Brad Paisley’s song “Online.” It starts off…I work down at the Pizza Pit and I drive an old Hyundai…hmm a lot like the actual guy in the novel before he goes all Metaverse.

The kid/dude is living a dream world where he’d like to be in a mafia and get rid of competitors when involving the distribution of pizza. The character Hiro gets racists towards the middle when he feels the need to kill a manager who is Abkhazia…which Wikipedia says is a country…who knew? Anyway that part creeped me out a little bit, but I think the whole reading and the Brad Paisley song have things in common with kids wanting to be something they’re not on the web. You know hoe many email accounts a person can have? And that later means a whole lotta Facebook accounts as well. It’s so easy to lie on networking programs and the thought of someone saving your pictures on their account and acting like they are you because you didn’t block your photos from randoms…creepy ladies and gents.

But when it’s all said and done the kid/delivery boy who thinks he’s Hiro or in the Paisley song you’re out in Hollywood, 6 foot 5 and I look damn good…you’re really not. Lets try to be successful in the real world and stop trying to be Tila Tequila…

I deleted my Myspace by the way…watch this…doubt this kid ever does LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3a-ajsVVus

No comments: