Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Wow! Reading the Gillespie article in particular really reinforced my opinion on not being such a fan of politics. Building bridges and surfing the internet or watching TV are activities that I would generally not associate with politics (unless you’re watching those ever-so-popular bashing the other party political commercials) but it seems that anything can and is turned into a political statement. It’s just too much to consider, so I like to keep political issues to the basics, like foreign policy, the economy, and things that are important. I don’t care where bridges are built, or what people look at on the web.

In Sterne’s article, the story about the student relying on the university for her computer and Web uses made me think of some of my own experiences. While I have my own computer, I often use the university’s for printing. I have also noticed that during the end of the semester, or any other time you really need the computer for that matter, they are all full.

No comments: