Monday, September 29, 2008

Don't we all have different personalities?

Like Rose and Jordan I have also thought about the whole identity but I think that most of us have different personalities depending on who we are together with. I know that it shouldn't be like that, but I doubt that people act the same way when they are together with their parrents and their friends. I know that I don't. So maybe it's not so bad that these people enlarge one of their personalities in an online game IF it wasn't bescause they do it bescause the can't deal with things in real life. I think that is the thing that defines when people are having an unhealty relation to cyberspace. If you need to go to another place because you can't deal with your life and don't feel that you can be your self anywhere else than in a fictive world you definitely in my opinion have a problem and need to get some therapy.
At the same time I also think that it's kind of a good thing that a guy like "Gordon" can meet a girl and kind of have a relationship which probably would never happen in real life, but it will never be the same and it can never replace a relationship in real life! They can type all the dirty word they will, but it will never be sex or intimacy like in real life and that is why their lives will still feel empty no matter how many they get married to in cyberspace because although their brain might be in cyberspace their body will still sit alone in front of a computer somewhere in the world. And bodycontact can't be replaced by words..

No comments: