Sunday, October 26, 2008

Absolutely horrified!

I think my headline pretty much says it all, but I don't think Epley will approve that as this weeks post.. When I started reading the articles and the pretty innocent start of trolling where people just wanted to make fun of other people I thought about how Justin sometimes does that and how fun it could be to write something crazy in one of the cake forums, but then I came to the story about the 13-year old how killed herself after being rejected by her online flirt how showed up to be one of her old friends mum. There is several disturbing things about the story. What kind of a mother would do stuff like that?!? And NO it is not a valid reason that she just wanted to find out if the girl was gossiping about her daughter. But at the same time I can't help thinking that there must be something else wrong with her life since she felt that suicide was the only solution. On the other hand I remember being 13 with all the ups and downs, lots of breaking up and making up and every time I was sure that I just lost the love of my life and I couldn't live without him.. Fortunately I had good friends and a mum how told me that I would survive so maybe this girl could have been safe if adults around her had just been a bit more aware of what she was doing.
What I wanted to say with all this is that I think trolling is okay as long as noboby gets hurt...

No comments: