Sunday, October 21, 2007

bogus!

I understand that online business is becoming one of the biggest industries out there. I also understand the purpose of tailoring to peoples wants. It makes sense. In on of the blogs previous to this the writer talks about the ethics involved in it. That was my first concern, and not so much the ethics, but the legality. I'm not sure I want companies knows how much I'm willing to pay for a plane ticket or a pair of shoes. I know that this goes along with a lot of things we have already talked about this semester, what with surveillance, and people being able to see lots of stuff about you via. social networks, but is it ok for businesses? If you walk into a store, the employees don't follow you around to other stores you go into. They don't sell you a shirt for 5 dollars more than somebody else. If the internet is going to be continue to be a major business ground, this needs to stop. I say this because i believe as people realize what is happening, and it does begin to happen more, online businesses will lose credibility. Now maybe I'm completely wrong and the American consumer is too lazy to care or do anything. I wouldn't put it past a lot of people. But it seems to me any average person with average intelligence would say... hey - this isn't right. I can also see something happening where you are a thriftier person, and business won't offer you anything because you won't pay enough. The whole idea is just not good.

No comments: