Monday, October 15, 2007

freedom!!

I thought the Nike article was particularly interesting. I have never seen this e-mail circulated, but I would certainly like to. I'm also glad I read about it on the page, because you never know who's making stuff up. The fact that Nike is promoting so much freedom just seems to be ridiculous. From a business and marketing standpoint, it makes sense. But the fact that they won't put sweatshop on the shoe just tells everything. Its not like this person wanted to put a curse word on the shoe. Although its kind of a curse word against big companies. I guess Nike is saying, yeah, feel free to do whatever you want with your shoe as long as it doesn't make our company look bad, or talks bad against it. Seems a little hypocritical. That's really not freedom at all, its more like feel free to choose between choice A and B, just as long as you choose choice A.

No comments: