Monday, October 15, 2007

DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS!

The main article that gained my interest was Doctorow's about internet trolls. I think that this can relate to almost every article we have read so far. Trolls not only live on "t3h interwebs" but can be found in every area of life. This idea of getting into a "flame war" is not a new phenomonon but it is one that must be stopped. However, trolls cannot live if we do not feed them.

The other aspects of the reading cover other aspects of the internet. Viral memes are generally unique and obscure pieces of media that follow a different guideline than previous advertising forms. I feel that is an effective form for advertisement because it plants a sort of "what the hell was that?" feeling in the viewer. For example, I Love Bees was a successful form of viral marketing for the game Halo 2.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_love_bees

No comments: