Monday, October 8, 2007

Wikipedia...nothing like false truth..

Oh Wikipedia... I am coming to the realization that I am fed up with Wikipedia. It seems as though we are relying too much on the idea that there is this sort of public forum that anyone can produce the reality that they want. Also, the idea of a public forum scares the shit out of me. If anyone can go on and create a wiki entry for me and say that I worked as a transvestite hooker for the last five years...how would that make me look? I do feel that we need to be able to have this sort of freedom of speech - however - I do not believe that this is the ideal way to achieve this goal. Wikipedia, in my eyes, is no different than the 400 pound man being a 12 year old school boy online. Sure, that is an extreme example, but in theory, I can put whatever I want on Wikipedia, and as long as one person sees it....I essentially screw up someones life.

No comments: