Tuesday, October 2, 2007

If mommy only knew...

After reading the George writing it does kind of shock me when I think about how much stuff I divulge on the internet via Facebook and how much I still keep from my own mother. I spent most of my childhood hiding things from my mother and if she was in any way tech savvy she could easily find out all about my goings on. She goes on to talk about how some people have multiple personalities online. Now I would consider my own self to have a separate personality online and if I do I am rather unaware, but I would have to say that I know I used to have another to some of my friends.

St. John made me think about how I would never tell most of the things on my profile in person to some person, but for whatever reason it is much easier to type or write it to someone like I am doing now. He also goes on to say how people would hate it when Facebook would change so it gets even more personal and so people know every little thing you do if you don’t change the settings. I must admit at first I was a little skeptical when Facebook first changed, but like most things in life I have, a long with most everybody else, has just grown to accept it as normal.

I have never actually joined myspace or felt the urge to join in on that little gang… but I wouldn’t be surprised if someday you could find me as NUNRANCH1, then maybe people would actually understand the real me.

No comments: