Sunday, September 9, 2007

cyberfools

I know that the bulk of what we were probably supposed to write about was Snow Crash, and as I have opinions on that book, I felt the need to write about cyberpunk instead. When we had our class discussion on Thursday, and then when I read about cyberpunk, I came to a conclusion that I had known all along, but almost refused to embrace. People are just simply f*ing stupid. I always try to give people the benefit of the doubt, and I know there is a lot of dumb stuff out there, but when people are so addicted to a game, or even just the internet that they die, or cause bodily harm to themselves, that's just plain stupidity. This may sound kind of cynical, but as far as I'm concerned, if you can't take a break from a computer to get up and take a leak, you deserve to die and I'm glad you did. I don't want someone who is so into the internet that they can't take a 2 minute bathroom break, or get up to make a sandwich contributing to my society. And I don't just mean my society, I mean my parents, my future kids, and everyone. Everyone has their own thing, and thats fine. I don't always agree with everything, but thats fine. But this.. this is just insane madness. As a people, and I am talking about the whole human race now, not just Americans, Chinese, Laotian, or Mexican, but everyone, we everyone needs to help out just a little, and contribute to society. Even if it's the most minuscule thing, its still contribution. These people who are cyberpunks and are sucked in by the net and can't get out, to them I say stay out.

No comments: