Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Oh Big Brother Where Art Thou?


Certainly NOT on the moon I trust... suckers.











After reading the case study from Harvard at first I would have immediately have hired her, due to the fact that she has the credentials and knowledge. But upon reflection I realized maybe this girl is a huge threat and will endanger our overseas expansion, then again I’m sure if people saw all of my online meanderings I wouldn’t get many jobs (especially in childcare). Regardless of what I say it comes down to Fred’s decision, I believe he is a reasonable person.

Big brother has been looming over our heads for the past number of years and this video just proves that it has gotten a little out of control. Whether it was in class or on a television show I recently heard that all of this reality TV is basically just preparing us to be survailed 24 hours a day and to think that it is “cool”. Well I for one have this big fear that one day this will come true, and if Stephen King hasn’t writing the book yet he is way far behind. However if it turns out that I am the star of my very own “Chrenen Show” I suppose I wouldn’t mind that much… who better than I to entertain MILLIONS?! Possibly U2.

In Gillespie’s piece he brings up “technological fixes” and relates them to what the big brother video had to say about the facial recognition and the ability to follow people, good or bad, around throughout towns. Sometimes I believe that these fixes are attempting the fix a problem that isn’t even there. Much like at Tires Plus or Jiffy Lube to name the only two companies that do this often, they tell you stuff is wrong that actually isn’t wrong… it may go wrong eventually but not that day. Then they sucker idiots like me into handing them my wallet along with power of attorney. The problem of terrorists and whomever walking around is there eventually, but what they are doing to fix the problem is only breaking things for us.

1 comment:

Nathan Epley said...

The "Chrenen Show" can be found at nunranch.com.