Monday, September 24, 2007

We are words

Something I have always enjoyed is comedy, mostly stand-up, but all true comedy represents my point here. There is a neutrality to someone who tells a very funny joke. They could be a handicapped transvestite, but if the punch line works than who cares? The comedian represents their joke even though in reality the joke truly reflects very little about this person besides their ability for clever wordplay. Something I have noticed about comedians is that they are not the same off stage as they are on. Whether more charismatic or less when off stage they are not very effectively personified when they are “on” for a crowd. I’ve always been and, as it seems, I will always be very infatuated with finding out who these people must really be when life isn’t as funny.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VX8_M-KI7IQ

No comments: